What to Use & What to Avoid When Treating Allergies
Who knew that Afrin® and Visine® may not be the best treatments for nasal congestion and itchy, watery eyes due to allergies?!? Not me!
Join me as I talk with Pharmacist Josh Fisher in a discussion about treating allergies.
In this video, learn:
- 0:15 – The 3 most common allergy symptoms
- 0:42 – The over-the-counter medicines Josh recommends most and why
- 3:21 – The only times he recommends using Benadryl®
- 5:04 – How to treat nasal congestion
- 7:14 – Natural products that may help with a runny nose and congested sinuses
- 8:44 – Why Afrin isn't his first recommendation
- 10:14 – Why you should use a saline nasal spray along with a steroid OTC nasal spray
- 12:02 – Why he doesn't recommend Visine to treat allergies
- 13:27 – What eye drops he recommends for itchy, watery eyes
- 15:24 – Natural, homeopathic products that may help with eye irritation
When it comes to treating allergies, there are a *ton* of options out there, so be sure to talk with your local pharmacist about your specific symptoms and how best to treat them.